Sunday, July 16, 2023

“Politics of Pharaoh”

 “And Pharaoh said, Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice to let Israel go? I know not the LORD, neither will I let Israel go.” (Exodus 5:2)


Copyright CaptBlackEagle 2020


God had given Moses a plan. God already knew what Pharaoh would do.


Technically I could just skip the whole plague thing. But God had a message for us all.


For Moses to even see Pharaoh was unusual. Pharaoh’s seldom to talk to shepherds. The last Pharaoh to do that was with Joseph. Both of them were dead. The Pharaoh, whose daughter had taken Moses out of the reeds, was dead. There is no doubt that the current Pharaoh knew Moses. He would delight in causing more pain for Moses.


When Moses asked Pharaoh to let the people go for three days to worship God, Pharaoh basically said, “Go back to work, and to make things worse, get your own straw to make bricks.” (Exodus 5:4-19)


The Children of Israel complained to Pharaoh. Pharaoh ignored them. They Children of Israel then complained to Moses. Moses was confused. Moses thought he could just ask Pharaoh, and God would just make it happen. (Exodus 5:20-23)


Pharaoh considered himself a living God. He was a bit full of himself.


When Moses complained to God, God answered in straight terms, “And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.” (Exodus 7:5)


The following is a paraphrase of the Plagues Sent to Egypt (Exodus Chapters 7-10)


Aaron cast his rod down in front of Pharaoh and it became a Serpent. Pharaoh’s sorcerers did the same. Aaron’s serpents ate the Pharaoh’s serpents.


The Pharaoh said, NO!


Moses: God turned the river into blood, killed the fish, and made things stink. Let my people go.


Pharaoh’s Sorcerers: Pfft…we can do that.


Pharaoh: NO!


Moses: Let my people go, or I’ll send Frogs.


Pharaoh’s Sorcerers: We can make Frogs too!


Pharaoh: Hey, Moses, can you ask God to get rid of these Frogs?


Moses: Yes, the LORD will get rid of them for you. Frogs gone. Let my people go.


Pharaoh: Can’t hear you.


Moses: Let my people go, or I’ll send Lice to infest everything.


Pharaoh’s Sorcerers: Whoa! We don’t do Lice


Pharaoh: NO! Ouch what bit me?


Pharaoh’s Sorcerers: This is God at work dude.


Pharaoh: I’m not listening.


Moses: Let my people go, or else God will bring Flies to infest the Egyptians. Oh, and the Flies will not bother the Children of Israel in Goshen.


Pharaoh: Look, these Flies are nasty. I’ll tell you what, get rid of the Flies and you can go, but not too far.


Moses: Ok, but no take backs. God removed the Flies.


Pharaoh: I changed my mind. No one leaves.


Moses: Let my people go. If not God will kill most of your cattle, oxen, sheep, donkeys and camels. Except the ones belonging to the Children of Israel.


Pharaoh: NO!!


Moses: Most of your livestock are dead, except the ones of the Children of Israel. Let my people go.


Pharaoh: I ain’t listening.


Pharaoh’s Sorcerers: These boils are painful.


Moses: Let my people go. If you don’t there will be all of the plagues sent to you and tomorrow there will be hail. I would take your cattle inside if I were you.


Pharaoh’s Servants: We are putting our cattle in the house.


Pharaoh: OK…I have sinned and all my people are wicked. Stop all this hail, rain, and thunder. I will let your people go.


Pharaoh: I lied…they can’t go.


Moses: Let my people go, or tomorrow Locusts will eat everything that survived the Hail.


Pharaoh’s Servants: Pharaoh, dude this place is ruined.


Pharaoh: Moses, I’m sorry please forgive me, I will let our people go.


Pharaoh: I changed my mind. No your people can not go.


Pharaoh: Hey!! Who turned out the lights? Moses, get out of here. If I see you again I will kill you.


“And the LORD said unto Moses, Yet will I bring one plague more upon Pharaoh, and upon Egypt; afterwards he will let you go hence: when he shall let you go, he shall surely thrust you out hence altogether.” (Exodus 11:1)


Stay Tuned for the most frightening of all Plagues.

No comments: