Saturday, July 29, 2023

My Testimony

 

Originally written by CaptBlackEagle on April 12, 2021, never published


I seldom put up my testimony since it would include information that would make certain people angry. If I listed every sin I have committed, there would not be enough paper or time to list them all. What I can do is show the things that were from God without any reservation. So here goes.

2 years ago I went in for a stint to be placed in my heart. Other issues included my blood pressure. The blood pressure had affected my kidneys. To track kidney disease the labs measured Creatine being produced as a result of falling kidney function. Just before the stint my creatine level was 2.7. The flow of fluids through my kidneys was at 40%. Kidney failure is measured on a scale of 0 to 5 when measuring creatine and less than 15% on flow.

After the stint, because of dye used to guide the surgeon, my creatine level spiked to 4.7 and flow reduced to 15%. My Kidney doctor said that at 5 I would need dialysis and a kidney transplant. According to my doctor kidneys do not get better.

I prayed for God to guide me. My first task was to ponder the transplant. My doctor was pushing for the transplant, the transplant center was pushing for the transplant. I felt differently. If I took someone's kidney (family or otherwise) I would be taking something that puts them at greater risk. Since I knew that although death is not something we look forward to, I knew that death would just move me from here to God.

I know from the way they talked with me and looked at me they had made a decision that I was either a martyr, or nuts. I am not a martyr, but I might be nuts. I knew that if God wanted me to be alive now, there was a plan he had in mind. I rejected the idea of a new kidney. I still don't know what that plan is, but here is what I do know.

Just before Covid shut down surgeries I went in to have a port put in my left arm for possible dialysis. March 10, 2020.

2 months ago my kidney doctor said, "Something is not right here." He told me my blood labs had come back and it is probably a mistake. So he asked to see me the next month. I went in to see him and he stated, "Kidneys do not get better, they might waiver a bit, but they don't get better." My lab results showed my Creatine levels were back to 2.7 and flow was back to 40%.

Nothing I had done, nothing the doctor had done would change my kidneys. This was the miracle of the Great Physician, Jesus of Nazareth. He has a plan, which I still am unsure about. But there is no doubt he will guide me.

That's it.

No comments: