Sunday, August 30, 2015

Let There Be Light

LET THERE BE LIGHT

Scientists theorize that during the Big Bang creation of the Universe, the Universe went from the size of a golf ball to the size of Earth in 10^-36 seconds. For those of you who are rusty on scientific notation that is much faster than the speed of light. You might remember from high school science class that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. You will hear many theories from scientists of how that could happen. But those are just that, theories, they have yet to be proven. Eventually we might have a concrete answer.

God said, “let there be light” and there was light. God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness. (Genesis 1:3-4)

For the record, I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Son of God, who died on the cross for my sins. What exactly does that mean?

I will begin by telling what it doesn't mean. It does not mean that because I am a believer I am better than you. I am still a sinner, and will always commit sin. God is fully aware of this. I grow within the body of Christ. Which means I ask for the strength to not only not sin, but to be made aware of sins I commit.

It is because of the personal relationship I have with God, that I am not attracted to a particular Christian Denomination. I do not need the idolatry, pageantry, or some other human to intervene on my behalf. I communicate directly to God and the most unnerving thing is, he communicates back. Not with the typical voices in my head, but by showing me the way. Choosing the way is up to me.

This is the beauty of God. He gave us freewill. We can willingly accept not only his existence, but the reality of our own sin, and the boundlessness of God's love. Of course we can reject all of that and live alone.

It is a struggle to go through the world alone, with no hope of something better and that results in bitter and lost people. I still struggle, but I have a guide that is bigger than I am, and God has always shown me the way. I just have to recognize it. God has given me the courage to act on his guidance. He has never let me down.

I remember one of the relatives from the Charleston shooting said, “I am a work in progress.” That is the perfect description of what being Saved means. Born again believers in the saving grace of Jesus Christ are a work in progress. We progress in our thinking and find peace in knowing we are not alone in this journey.


Peace.

No comments: